The PSI Early Graduate Group was founded in 2012 by PSI Council with the main aims of representing graduate members within the society and acting on issues relevant to psychology graduates during the first 10 years of their career and assisting with the development of PSI graduate members.
The PSI Early Graduate Group works in collaboration with the PSI Student Affairs Group, whereby student (affiliate) subscribers, postgraduate members and graduate members automatically become members of both groups.
The PSI EGG aims to help psychology graduates to develop their career in the first 10 years after graduation. The group aims to give a voice to graduates within the PSI by addressing issues or difficulties experienced by graduates and representing them on PSI Council. One of the most pertinent issues which we aim to address is the development of a policy document on the regulation and operation of assistant psychologist posts in Ireland. We also provide workshops relevant to our members for career development and networking opportunities. Furthermore, the PSI EGG keeps its members up to date on the latest career opportunities through the PSI Student & Graduate Group forum on Google Groups. The PSI EGG has also launched a Research Exchange forum on Google Groups where members can advertise their research to recruit participants in return for the advertising member’s participation in the participating member’s research.
• Regular workshops and events on various aspects of career development
• Regular workshops on career opportunities and options for psychology graduates
• Advertising of job opportunities, volunteer opportunities and research opportunities through the PSI Student & Graduate Group forum
• Automatic subscription to the monthly psychology magazine, “The Irish Psychologist” which accepts submissions from psychology graduates and includes adverts on job vacancies, upcoming events and meetings and current research.
• Access to “members only” information and documents on the PSI website
• Gain access to events that non-members of the PSI cannot access
• Free or discounted attendance at PSI events
• Meet fellow psychology graduates
• Meet psychology professionals from a variety of settings
• Get advice from other psychology graduates and professionals about career opportunities and development
• Free entry to events and workshops with guest speakers
• Discount on registration fees for the PSI Annual conference
• Discount on clothes, activities, travel etc. for graduate members with group membership scheme
Chair: Maebh O’Connor
Membership Office: Emmeline Gillan
Treasurer: Caoimhe O'Leary
Secretary: Barry Sheppard
Graduate Liaison Officer: Barry Sheppard
Events Coordinators: Geraldine McNamara, Ellen Butler
Communications Officers: Caroline Wheeler, Johanna Clancy
Research Coordinators: Aoibhinn Tormey, Emmeline Gillan, Katie Doherty
Conference Coordinator: Sarah Jane Winders
Google groups: PSI Student and Graduate Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/psi-student-graduate
PSI EGG Research Exchange
You can contact us via email, social media or Google groups at any time. Like our page on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn for updates and details of upcoming events. You can also find out about our events in the Irish Psychologist.
Once you join the PSI as a student subscriber, affiliate subscriber or a postgraduate member or graduate member (within the first 10 years of graduating from your undergraduate degree) you automatically become a member of the PSI EGG. If you have any queries around membership please contact us at email@example.com.